A person can apply for a prospective marriage visa if their partner is in Australia and the applicant needs to travel to Australia to get married. Australian prospective marriage visa is valid in all areas of Australia including the suburbs of Parramatta and Sydney.
What Is Subclass 300 – Prospective Marriage Visa?
The prospective marriage visa (subclass 300) is useful for a person who wants to come to the country and marry their future spouse. The future partner must be either an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
The visa permits you to stay in Australia between 9 to 15 months if the intention of you getting the visa is specified. Thus, it is a temporary visa granted for your wedding.
Eligibility to apply for a Prospective Marriage Visa 300
As an applicant, you need to fulfil specific criteria to apply for the Prospective Marriage Visa 300:
- You should have a sponsor:
You and anyone who is accompanying you will need to be sponsored by the prospective spouse. The department must approve the sponsorship.
- You should be of the right age:
You should be 18 years or above in age at the time of the application.
- You must fulfil the health and character requirements:
You and your family members who are travelling with you must meet the health and character requirement.
- You must be clear of your debts:
You and your family members must payback, or arrange to pay back the money, in case you or they owe any debt to the Australian government. This applies to the family members who are not applying for an Australian visa as well.
- Your previous visa status needs to be clear-
If you have had a visa that was previously rejected or cancelled by the immigration department while you were in Australia, you might not be eligible for this visa.
- It must be in the best interest of an accompanying child
If it is not in the best interest of any accompanying child under the age of 18, we might not grant this visa.
Some Advantages of a Prospective Marriage Visa
With this visa, you can live in Australia for 9 months and apply for the Partner visa (subclass 820 and 801) within that period. Other advantages include-
- You get permission to study in Australia at your expense and work here during your visa.
- You can move in and out of Australia multiple times during those 9 months.
- You can visit your future spouse in Australia as many times as you want within the period.
Requirements Checklist for Visa Subclass 300
You need to meet the following obligations in case you wish to apply for an Australian Visa subclass 330-
- Show proof of your prospective spouse in Australia.
- You must have an intent to marry your spouse before the visa period ends.
- You must not be inside Australia at the time of applying for the visa.
- You are required to sign the Australian values statement.
- You need to have adequate health insurance before you apply for this visa.
- Your marriage can be held anywhere but must be valid under Australian law.
Contact Us to Apply for Prospective Marriage Visa in Sydney
In case you are looking to apply for a prospective marriage visa in Sydney and Parramatta, you can connect with us for the best migration agent. Needs Migration offers transparent and comprehensive services with a professional approach to clients. For further queries, you can contact us on 0434 811 844 or e-mail us.