The Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190) is a points-tested permanent-residency visa to Australia. To enjoy your residency in Australia, you need to submit an Expression of Interest to the Department of Home Affairs.
We, at Needs Migration, can help you with your Subclass 190 visa application in Sydney and Parramatta.
Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated Visa provides you with the benefit of permanent residence in Australia. For those who are not familiar with all the visas, Subclass 189 and Subclass 190 can be confusing. It is just that the applicants are not invited to apply by the Federal Government (Skill Select) but rather are invited by a state or region for the subclass 190 visa. While, in the case of visa subclass 189, the residents are invited by the Federal government.
Getting 190 Visa in Parramatta and Sydney can be made easier when you have all the proper documentation and the assistance of the Immigration agents at Needs Migration.
Details of Visa Subclass 190
Here is all you need to know about how to apply for a skilled nominated visa subclass 190.
What is a Skilled Nominated Work Visa (Subclass 190)?
Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 is a points-based visa that allows skilled workers who are nominated by an Australian state or territory government to live and work in Australia as permanent residents.
The visa subclass 190 allows you to
There are many benefits of visa subclass 190. Some of them are-
- You get the benefits of being a permanent resident in Australia
- You are allowed to work and live in Australia for an indefinite time
- You get the opportunity to study in Australia
- You can enrol in Medicare, Australia’s state-run healthcare program
- You get the opportunity to apply for Australian citizenship
- You can sponsor relatives for permanent residence as well
- You are allowed to travel in and out of Australia as per your wish
There is a specific category or specific points that need to be ticked green to become eligible to apply for visa subclass 190. They include:
- You shall be coming from an occupation under the relevant skilled occupation list.
- You shall have a suitable skill assessment of the occupation that you are applying for.
- You shall score at least 65 points.
- A state or an Australian territory needs to nominate you to make you eligible for subclass visa 190.
- You need to lodge an EOI and further get an invite to apply.
- You should be under 45 years to be invited to apply.
- You need to have at least competent English as the language requirement.
- You are also required to meet health and character requirements.
What documents do I need for a 190 visa?
Correct documentation and process of application of subclass visa 190 are essential. Given below is the list of documents needed for applying for the same-
- Proof of identification.
- Report from a recognised assessing authority that assesses your skill.
- You should have an age certificate, such as a passport or birth certification.
- You shall have IELTS or PTE test results to assess your ability to communicate in English.
- Two coloured and recent passport size photographs.
- Proof of your educational qualification degree.
- Documents related to your current employment
- Documents proving your relationship with your partner:
- If you are married, you shall have proof of your marriage certificate.
- In case you are in a de-facto relationship, you shall have a document to prove that you have been in the relationship for the last 12 months.
- In case you are divorced or widowed, you need to have proof of divorce certificate or death certificate of the spouse.
- The authority can ask for additional documents as per their requirement.
How to Apply for an Australian Subclass 190 Visa?
You can apply for an Australian Subclass 190 visa through the following steps-
- Check whether your occupation exists on the occupation list for subclass 190 visa.
- You shall meet the eligibility requirements specified above, should have no outstanding debts to the Australian government, and shall be willing to sign the Australian Values Statement.
- You must complete a Skills Assessment and obtain an acceptable score.
- You should submit an Expression of Interest through Skill Select.
- You need to be nominated by a state or territory government after the submission of your EOI.
- If you receive an invite to apply for the visa, you can gather the necessary documents and start your visa application.
- It can take somewhere around 5-20 months for the DHA to decide on your visa application.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive your visa and you can begin working under a subclass 190 visa.