The visa isfor skilled workers where it allows the applicant to stay and work in regional Australia for at least 5 years. This visa is a provisional visa for migrants who can geta state or territory government nomination, or an eligible relative must sponsor them.
Needs Migration and its immigration experts can help you acquire your Skilled Work Regional Visa Subclass 491 easily in Sydney and Parramatta. With our knowledge and expertise, Our Registered migration agents can help you create an Expression of Interest that will increase the chances of getting nominated by the state or territory government or help you with your application if you are being sponsored by an eligible relative.
Subclass 491 Visa – What Is the Relevance?
- You can apply for a visa within Australia or outside Australia.
- This visa helps you study, work, and live in Australia
- This provisional visa allows you to stay in Australia for 5 years, and in three years after this visa is granted, you will be eligible to apply for a permanent residency visa.
Eligibility and Important Information
To be able to apply for this Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491) you need to be:
- Less than 45 years of age
- Nominated by the government or be sponsored
- Have an occupation in the skilled occupation list
- Have a valid and positive assessment for your nominated occupation
- Have a minimum of 65 points on the points test.
Note: Meeting these minimum requirements does not assure your approval. The government may or may not list you out based on certain criteria that changes every year.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, your file will be assessed against other selected or eligible applications based on:
- The demand for your skill and expertise in the country
- Your credibility to stay in the country for long term settlement
- If your qualifications and skills are needed in the Australian market
- The skills of dependent family members
- English fluency in speaking as well as writing
Benefits of Subclass 491 Visa
The regional visa subclass 491 was introduced by The Department of Home Affairs in 2019. This visa is designed for international skilled persons who wish to work and live in regional Australia. This visa appreciates your skills and allows you to demonstrate your ability in the Australian labour market. With the help of this, you get multiple benefits like:
- You can live in regional Australia for 5 years.
- You can work, live, and earn in designated regional Australia.
- During the period of your visa, you can travel in and out of the country multiple times.
- You can add your eligible or dependent family member to the application
- You can even make ways to permanent residency with this visa
- Your get priority processing for regional visa.
- Newcomers get incentives who work in designated regional areas in Australia under this visa
- You can also get additional points.
What Is the Process to Get the 491 Visa in Australia?
Meeting the eligibility criteria set by the Department of Home Affairs is crucial.
You must also meet the regional or state specific requirements to be able to get nominated for the stay under a 491 visa.
Step.3 Expression of interest
You must lodge an EOI to register your skilled migration with Home Affairs department to showcase your interest in working in regional Australia to receive a nomination for the visa.
Step.4 Document Checklist
Make sure you know and have all the necessary documents required for the application of the visa.
Step.5 Receive an Invitation
If you get nominated by the state or territory government and have the necessary points, you get the invitation to apply for Skill Select.If you have mentioned in the EOI that you would be sponsored by an eligible relative, the Department of Home Affairs might send an invite for you to apply.
Step.6 Apply for the Visa
Once you receive an invite from the Department of Home Affairs, you can start gathering all the necessary documents for your visa application.
Step.7 Maintain Obligations
After you are granted your visa, you must ensure to abide by the obligations and maintain the laws of the country and region. You should be committed to your work.
Can 491 Visa Holders Lodge Another Visa?
Before completing 3 years, 491 visa holders cannot apply for other category visas. After you have completed 3 years in the region, you can apply for permanent residency visas like Subclass 189, Subclass 191, Subclass 190, business visa, employer nominated PR visa etc.
You can enjoy permanent residency in the country under many other visas, but only if you have completed 3 years in the country and have fulfilled all the obligations nicely.
Book a Migration Consultation for 491 Visa in Parramatta and Sydney
If you are confused about how to make things work out well for you, then get assistance from immigration experts in Australia. Needs Migration is just the help you need.