Many people work in Australia on a temporary visa and then decide to settle down in Australia due to the job opportunities and ease of living. Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) offers a skilled work visa to applicants if they have an occupation on Australia’s Skilled Occupations List.
The applicant will need to complete a skill assessment, and submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to receive an invite to apply.
At Needs Migration, we have immigration experts who can assist you in the matter easily. Our expert team of immigration agents will help you from the initial stage of applying until you have received the final visa.
Is Skilled Independent Visa 189 a Permanent Residency Visa?
Yes, it is. You get a permanent residency once you get your skilled independent visa in Sydney. 75% of applicants get their visa processed within 15 months and around 90% of the applicants get their skilled independent visa (subclass 189) within 16 months.
The visa fee for the main applicant can be around $4,115. You will need to pay the charges in two instalments. You can pay 20% of the cost at the time of lodgement and 80% as a second instalment before the visa is granted to you.
Needs Migration will help you in all the payment and application procedures. Rest assured that the process will go smoothly when you are under our guidance.
What Are the Benefits of a Skilled Independent Work Visa (Subclass 189)?
You get multiple benefits once you get the Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189). You have almost all the benefits that an Australian citizen would have:
- The permission to work and live in Australia for an indefinite time
- The opportunity to study in Australia
- Enrolment in Medicare, and Australia’s state-run healthcare program
- The opportunity to apply for jobs as you desire
What Are the Primary Requirements & Eligibility for Visa Subclass 189?
Here is the list of primary requirements to be eligible for visa subclass 189:
- You need to have an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list
- You need to have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation you are applying for
- You need to satisfy the points needed for your occupation as mentioned in the Skilled Occupation List
- You need to be invited to apply for this visa, which can be achieved by submitting an Expression of Interest.
How Can I Apply for a Skilled Independent Work Visa (Subclass 189)?
Skilled Migrant visa can be applied through the following steps:
- You shall have your occupation listed on the skilled occupation list to be eligible to apply for the said visa.
- You need to be under the age of 50 years. You are required to have Basic English skills and meet the health and character requirements. You should not have any outstanding debts and shall be willing to sign the Australian Values Statement.
- It is important to complete the Skills Assessment Test and obtain an acceptable score to proceed further for being eligible for the Subclass 189 visa.
- You shall submit EOI through Skill Test.
- Once you receive an invite to apply, you will be allowed to apply for the 189 visa online through the DHA.
- It can take up to 17 months to 30 months to process your visa application.
- Once your application gets approved, you will be able to apply for the visa.
Hiring a Migration Agent for Skilled Independent Visa in Sydney
Needs Migration is the best to assist you in all immigration matters. You can hire us as we:
- Serve 150+ countries
- Are completely professional in our services
- Assist you in each step with personal attention
- Guide you and help you draft documents and application
- Asses every step closely
For further queries, you can contact us on 0434 811 844 or e-mail us.