This visa is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution. It lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. Students are able to access the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) only once as a primary applicant.
- 485 Visa is not Point Tested.
- Does not require any employer sponsor
The visa has two streams
- Graduate Work Stream
- Post-Study Work Stream
If you are applying as the main applicant, you, and anybody else covered by the application must be in Australia when this visa is applied and decided.
- be under 50 years of age
- hold an eligible visa
- have a recent qualification in a CRICOS-registered course
GRADUATE WORK STREAM
- Visa is valid for 18 months from the date of grant
- Available to graduates with skills and qualifications relating to occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List
- Visa applicants who have completed trade qualifications in Australia and are working in their nominated occupation can also proceed with TRA- Job Ready Program to obtain a full Skill Assessment for 18 months
- They can also complete a Professional year or get relevant work experience to apply for skill assessment with relevant authority
POST- STUDY WORK STREAM
- For international students who graduated with higher educational degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study
- Visa can be granted for up to four years (from the date of grant) depending on the applicant’s qualification.